This smooth Vegan Cream Sauce Pasta recipe is so easy to make and will surely be comfort food for you. This sauce is dairy-free and is made with HerbYvore Plant Protein Block and a neutral tasting plant-based milk. You can make ahead of time and only need to reheat and toss in cooked pasta just before serving for best results. This rich & wholesome recipe is contributed by well-known vegan chef, Shalu of Little Green Kitchen.
INGREDIENTS for Vegan Cream Sauce Pasta Recipe
- 150g 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗬𝘃𝗼𝗿𝗲™️ 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗶𝗻 𝗕𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸
- 100ml unsweetened oat milk
- 100ml water
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp miso paste
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 200g pasta
- Olive oil for sautéing
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 350g button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- 3 Tbsp Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Course black pepper
- Blend all the ingredients for the sauce until smooth and creamy and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to box instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, sauté onion and garlic in a frying pan for 2-3 minutes till fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and turn up heat. Season with salt and paprika.
- Add pasta to the frying pan together with creamy sauce and pasta water (as needed to achieve the right consistency) .
- Cook for a minute then add chopped parsley.
- Season with pepper and serve immediately!
NB: try not to add pasta to sauce until you are ready to serve. Otherwise, if pasta is already tossed into sauce for a while, you can reheat by adding some water since the sauce tends to thicken when cooled.