A vegan frittata is perfect for breakfast, dinner or really any time of the day. It's also a perfect way to use leftover vegetables and the addition of HerbY-Cheese Cheddar in this recipe adds a yummy cheesy flavour to delight the palate. The recipe also features 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗬𝘃𝗼𝗿𝗲™️ 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗶𝗻 𝗕𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸 as to provide a protein boost to this dish.
Recipe by Shalu Asnani of Little Green Kitchen.
- Olive oil for sautéing
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 potatoes, diced into ½ cm cubes
- 1 capsicum, diced into 1cm cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- ½ cup water
- 120g 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗬𝘃𝗼𝗿𝗲™️ 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗶𝗻 𝗕𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸 (crumbled)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp black salt (kala nimak)
- 4 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup grated 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗬-𝗖𝗵𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲 Cheddar
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sauté onion till lightly browned and fragrant. Add potatoes, capsicum and garlic and continue cooking till potatoes are slightly soft. Season with salt, oregano and paprika.
- Blend corn flour, water, protein block, turmeric and black salt into a thick batter.
- Combine vegetables and batter. Add spinach and parsley. Fold in grated cheddar (reserve 2 Tbsp for topping).
- Lightly grease a medium-sized oven dish with olive oil. Add frittata mixture and spread evenly. Sprinkle remaining grated cheddar and breadcrumbs. Top with sliced tomato.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until top is golden brown and frittata is firm. Let cool for ten minutes then cut into slices and serve with a green salad.