Gearing up for the Christmas season? This dairy-free chocolate chip cookie recipe by Kriti Anand of Kiki's Karousel would be perfect for gifting and enjoying with the family!
- 150g palm sugar (shaved)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 120g refined coconut oil
- 100g 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗬𝘃𝗼𝗿𝗲™️ 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗶𝗻 𝗕𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸
- 70ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 110g vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 110g vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 185g all purpose flour
(Makes 10 large cookies)
- Add 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗬𝘃𝗼𝗿𝗲™️ 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗶𝗻 𝗕𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸 into a food processor and pulse until its blended well and no longer crumbly.
- Add palm sugar, salt, and coconut oil into the blended plant protein and blend until the mixture looks like a smooth paste.
- Add the almond milk and vanilla essence in the stand mixer and whisk gently, until the batter is smooth.
- Sift together the flour and baking soda and fold the mixture gently. Remember not to fold the flour with a heavy hand, and most importantly do not over-mix it.
- Mix the 2 types of chocolate chips together, then fold them evenly into the batter.
- Chill your dough for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat your oven at 180°C.
- Scoop the chilled dough with an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon onto the baking sheet. Make sure you keep some distance between the cookies as they expand during baking.
- Bake your cookies for 12-15 minutes, keep an eye on them as oven temperatures may vary. When they begin to brown, take them out.
- Cool completely and enjoy!