Always thought vegan desserts are boring? You will certainly change your mind after trying this recipe of vegan brownies. These fudgy brownies has achieved its texture with the use of HerbYvore Plant Protein Block. Did you know that with the binding properties of our protein block means that the brownies can be made egg-free and dairy-free, yet maintains what we all love from a classic brownie?
- 120g oat flour
- 1 block HerbYvore Plant Protein 250g
- 60g almond flour
- 2tbsp cornflour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 220g brown sugar
- 90 g vegan dark chocolate
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cup oats or any non-dairy chocolate milk
- 4 tbsp oil
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ½ cup mixed chopped walnuts and pecans or any nut of your choice
- In a food processor blend the oats flour, almond flour, cornflour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, salt and sugar till well mixed.
- Add in the crumbled plant protein and blend until well mixed. The flour will look a little grainy and crumbly.
- Mix the 4 wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients gradually.
- Please ensure that all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Now fold in the chocolate chips, walnuts and pecans to the mix.
- It should be of a thick batter consistency.
- Pour the batter into a parchment paper lined brownie pan. Even it out with a spatula.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes at 180 degrees. Keep a close check at the 25 minutes mark.
- Once an inserted toothpick comes out clean, the brownie is done!
- Let it cool completely before slicing it.