With 24g of protein, this recipe can be easily prepared as both an appetiser or a main dish. The combination of spiced pumpkin with marinated 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗬𝘃𝗼𝗿𝗲™️ 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗶𝗻 𝗕𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸 as #VeganRicotta, is just the most comforting and satiating combination you can’t miss!
Recipe by Shalu Asnani of Little Green Kitchen.
- 200g 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗬𝘃𝗼𝗿𝗲™️ 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗶𝗻 𝗕𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸
- 60ml oat milk
- 2 Tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup ground almond
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 350g diced pumpkin
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp thyme
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 2 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Sauté onion and garlic till soft and fragrant. Add pumpkin and season with salt, cumin, thyme, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cook on low heat until pumpkin is tender and lightly browned.
- Combine crumbled protein block with oat milk, tapioca flour and olive oil until it resembles ricotta cheese.
- Season with salt, lemon juice and oregano. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Place one sheet of puff pastry onto a floured surface. Cut into 2 rectangles.
- Place ¼ of the pumpkin mixture on the bottom half of one piece of pastry followed by ¼ ricotta filling on top.
- Carefully fold over into a sausage roll. Crimp with a fork to seal the sides. You need to work quickly as it becomes harder to shape when the pastry becomes soft.
- Repeat with the remaining puff pastry until 4 rolls are created. Slice each roll into 3 and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Serve with a side of salad or any condiment of your choice!