Celebrating any occasion with a delicious strawberry shortcake made using HerbYvore Plant Protein Block. This vegan dessert recipe is perfect for all the vegans out there with a sweet tooth.
Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
THE COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 can full-fat coconut cream, refrigerated overnight
- 4 tbsp vegan powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Use a chilled mixing bowl and beater for whipping up the cream.
- Open the can of coconut cream and scoop out the solid cream that has separated to the top into the chilled mixing bowl. Ensure that the liquid doesn’t get into the bowl.
- Beat the coconut cream using hand or a stand mixer on medium speed for about 30-45 seconds, or until the cream becomes light and smooth and soft peaks form. Do not over-whip!
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Whip the coconut cream until well incorporated. If the coconut whipped cream is a little thick, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of the coconut water until light and fluffy.
- Put the whipped cream into a piping bag and refrigerate till ready to use.
- 400 grams strawberries
- 4 to 5 tbsp sugar
- Remove stems and cut strawberries into quarters and sprinkle with sugar.
- Mix well and place in the fridge, covered, to chill.
- 2 1/2 Cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 125 grams crumbled 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗬𝘃𝗼𝗿𝗲™️ 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗶𝗻 𝗕𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup any Plant based Milk
- 75 grams Vegan Butter (cubed, chilled)
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Add all the dry ingredients and the protein block to a food processor. Mix it well till it resembles a fine grainy looking mixture.
- Put the mixture into a bowl and rub in the chilled vegan butter with your fingertips. Avoid using your whole hands as the warmth of the palm can melt the butter and we may end up having a heavy and tough pastry.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and pour the milk and lemon juice.
- Mix lightly until combined. Use your hands to work the dough until it forms a dough.
- Flour the work surface and place the dough, adding more flour on top and on the rolling pin. Roll out about 1 inch thick. Flour the edges of a 2-inch cookie cutter and cut out the pastry.
- Place the cut pastry on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Do the same for the rest.
- Bake for 15 to 17 mins until golden brown.
- Allow it to completely cool on a cooling rack.
- Either you may cut 1 shortcake into 2 horizontally or use 2 of it to serve with coconut whipped cream and the strawberries sandwiched and topped with all the goodness!