You're going to love this apple cake we made! And the best part? Its our newest creation that you can make with our Planet Protein, all credit goes to our talented chef Anusiya. Try it out and tag us, we'd love to see your results 😋
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pack HerbYvore Planet Protein crumbled
- 1 ¼ cup oats milk or any plant-based milk except coconut milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp coco sugar mixed with 1tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 ½ apple skinned and chopped into small chunks.
- 2 apples skinned and cut into slices
- Line a 8 to 9 inch springform pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 360F or 180C.
- In a bowl sift in the flour, cinnamon, and baking powder. Give it a mix till well combined.
- Add in the crumbled pea paneer and mix it well, it should resemble like fine breadcrumbs. Leave that aside.
- In another bowl whisk the plant milk, oil, sugar, and vanilla essence till well combined
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Making sure that the ingredients are well combined and yet not overmixed. Overmixing may make the cake gummy and unpleasantly chewy. There is a tendency for the cake to collapse.
- Gently fold in the apple chunks.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and arrange the apple slices on the batter in a circular overlapping pattern neatly.
- Sprinkle the top of the apple with the sugar and cinnamon mix.
- Bake at 360F or 180C for about 1 hour in the centre rack.
- Do not open the oven at least 40 mins before the end time as the cake might deflate.
- Check the doneness of the cake by inserting a toothpick in the centre of the cake and it should come out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.
#herbyvorefoods #applecake #veganapplecake #vegancake #plantbasedcake #veganbaking #sustainablydelicious #herbyvore #plantbased #vegan #plantbasedfood #veganrecipes #singapore #vegansinsingapore #veganfood #foodie #food #sgfood #whati8todaysg #vegansofig #whatveganseat #sgfoodtrending #sgfoodies #sgvegan #sgfoodhunt