We love samosas anytime of the day. It is prepared in different ways, one of them is the way we prepare it in this recipe. Another amazing thing about this samosa is that it is vegan and plant based! You can also add your favourite veggies to make it more interesting and nutritious. It is the best snack for your road trips too. So, prepare this vegan lip smacking samosa soon and enjoy!
- 125 g finely crushed 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗬𝘃𝗼𝗿𝗲™️ 𝗣𝗹𝗮𝗻𝘁 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗲𝗶𝗻 𝗕𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸
- 2 large potatoes (peeled, boiled and diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 knob ginger (grated)
- 1 green chilli (chopped)
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tbsp coriander powder
- ⅓ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp fennel powder
- Frozen Ready-To-Use Spring Roll Wrappers
- Vegetable Oil to sauté and deep fry
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add onion and sauté.
- Add powdered spices and keep frying. Then add minced garlic and green chilli and fry for a few more minutes.
- Crumble in Plant Protein Block, then add salt and potatoes. Toss well to coat, then turn off heat.
- Let mixture cool a bit before wrapping.
- To wrap, divide a large spring roll sheet into 3 long rectangles. Pro tip: keep the remaining sheets under a clean, damp kitchen cloth to prevent them from drying out.
- Place 1½ tbsp of filling on one end of the sheet. Pick up one corner and fold it diagonally over to make a triangular shape. Repeat this till you reach the bottom 2 inches of wrapper – brush this with water to seal the samosa. Repeat to use up filling. Pro tip: after wrapped and filled, you can store samosas in the fridge till ready to fry.
- Deep fry in batches till golden brown – samosas made with spring roll wrappers usually take around 2-3 minutes each.
- Place them on paper towels to remove excess oil, then serve fresh with your favourite chutney!