Feeling Blue? Try HerbYvore Pea Cheese Stuffed Dumplings, the new way to eat your protein. Pea Cheese Stuffed Dumplings, created for you by our in-house chef Anusiya. A perfect snack for any day of the week.
- 2 * HerbYvore classic pea paneer pack (crumbled)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1 inch finely chopped fresh ginger
- ½ cup yellow onion, minced
- ½ cup chopped shiitake mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped baby corn
- ½ cup baby asparagus chopped
- ½ cup spring onions, finely sliced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1 finely minced fresh red chilli
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 20 wonton wrappers / Gyoza wrappers
- Heat a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp sesame oil and allow it to heat, then add the ginger and saute for 30 secs
- Add the onions, mushrooms, baby corn, carrots and stir-fry with 2 minutes gap respectively.
- Add crumbled Pea Paneer and gently stir-fry for a min
- Add All Spice, black pepper, and soy sauce and stir together. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Turn off heat and add spring onions, Transfer to a bowl and allow to cool.
- Keep wrappers covered with a plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out.
- Use a brush/finger to moisten the edges of one side of the wrapper lightly with water. Add 2 tsp of filling to the wrapper.
- Fold the sides together a press to create a semi-circle shape, press out any air to ensure it sticks together. Moisten the edges on both sides of the dumpling lightly with water.
- Create about 5-6 pleats along the edges, folding and pressing from left to right. Repeat with remaining wrappers & filling.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and heat. Add about 10 dumplings and fry for 2 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Pour in ¼ cup water into the side of the pan carefully.
- Immediately cover and allow dumplings to steam until water evaporates, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and turn up the heat to medium-high. Fry for 2 more minutes, until bottoms are brown.
- Work in batches, adding another tbsp of oil & a quarter cup of water for each batch.
Dip it in your favourite sauce! 😋