Looking for a healthy yet hassle-free recipe that’s great for any time of day? Try this dairy-free Broccoli Cheddar soup made with 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗬-𝗖𝗵𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲 Cheddar! This is also a great way to get the children to eat their greens.
Featuring an entire head of broccoli plus lots of other vegetables, then topped with umami notes provided by HerbY-Cheese Cheddar. This is definitely a good recipe for busy weeknights since you can prep the soup and freeze in batches. On the day you want to enjoy a nourishing bowl of cream soup, just thaw, warm up and add in HerbY-Cheese Cheddar before serving.
Recipe by Ania Lees, Plant-Based Nutritionist & Chef.
- Olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 big potato, diced
- 1 broccoli
- 1 Tbsp of mustard
- Approx. 900 ml of vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp of miso paste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 160g of shredded 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗬-𝗖𝗵𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲 Cheddar
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot.
- Add the onions and sauté till translucent before adding garlic and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrot and celery and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Pour in vegetable stock and cook until potatoes are semi soft.
- Add broccoli florets and continue simmering until all vegetables are soft.
- Blend the soup until smooth.
- Add miso paste, mustard, smoked paprika and pepper to taste
- Add shredded HerbY-Cheese Cheddar and stir until just melted
- Serve immediately, (tastes best when served warm)