Looking for a delicious way to eat more veggies? Try these scrumptious Zucchini Fritters infused with the cheesy flavours of 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗬-𝗖𝗵𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲 Cheddar! This simple yet satisfying recipe features two whole zucchinis, a superfood high in antioxidants and fibre, as the main ingredient for a delightful appetiser or side dish.
- 2 large zucchinis
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 C plain flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 C of 𝗛𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗬-𝗖𝗵𝗲𝗲𝘀𝗲 Cheddar (grated)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 flax egg
- 1/2 C almond milk
- Cracked black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Grate zucchini and add salt. Set aside.
- Make the flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp ground flax seed with 2 - 3 tbsp water and set aside for 5 minutes after mixing well.
- Squeeze out excess water from zucchini.
- Add flour, baking powder, garlic powder and pepper to the zucchini, mix well and add almond milk to combine. Then add flax egg and mix well to bind.
- Fold in grated ‘cheddar’ and mix well.
- Shape the fritters into thin rounds, and lie on a parchment lined tray. Place the fritters into the freezer for at least 30 min before frying.
- Heat oil to 180 and shallow fry the fritters in batches until golden brown.
- Serve with your fave sauce!