Check out how well HerbY-Cheese grates and melts with this delicious sandwich recipe inspired by Accredited Nutritionist Charlotte Mei. The recipe features all three varieties of our cheeses: HerbY-Cheese Cheddar, HerbY-Cheese Mozzarella, and HerbY-Cheese Just Like Parme.
- 2 tbsp mayo (optional, can use vegan mayo or butter too)
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 10g HerbY-Cheese Cheddar, sliced or grated
- 20g HerbY-Cheese Mozzarella, sliced or grated
- few dashes of black pepper
Pesto (makes ~6 tbsp):
- ⅓ cup almonds/walnuts/pine nuts (lightly roasted)
- 1½ cup fresh Italian basil leaves
- ¼ cup HerbY-Cheese Just Like Parme (grated)
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp or more extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large pinch sea salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- On each slice of bread, spread 1 tablespoon of mayo to coat the surface. This will be the ‘outsides’ of your sandwich which will come in contact with the pan.
- Flip it over and spread ½ tablespoon of mustard and pesto on the insides to coat evenly.
- Place one slice of bread, mayo-side down onto a heated pan (medium-low heat). Then, place some cheese and sprinkle some black pepper on top. Top off with the other slice of bread, mustard-side down.
- Press down slightly on the sandwich to help the cheese melt evenly.
- Once the base is golden brown, flip and cook the other side until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately alongside a tomato salad, pickled vegetables or tomato soup!